Post-Conference Boot Camp Workshops
Wednesday, October 18 | 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Session cost: $50 per person, pre-registration required
Registration for Boot Camp Workshops is $50 per person. To sign up, select your Boot Camp Workshop of choice as an add-on during the National Conference registration process. Already registered? Log into your existing conference registration to select a Boot Camp Workshop as an add-on!
Housekeeping: The Department Everyone Loves to Hate. Let's Learn How to Help Everyone Love It!
Presented by Durk Johnson, Director, Vacation Rental Housekeeping Professionals
If you want the nitty-gritty of how to run a housekeeping department, this is the opportunity you have been looking for! Topics of discussion will include:
- Housekeepers owning the brand
- Housekeeping department basics
- Holding housekeepers accountable
- Picking the right linen
- OSHA regulations
- Training housekeepers and inspectors
- Housekeepers the memory makers
Don't miss out on this information-packed workshop discussing the most important department in any company!
Top 10 Train-The-Trainer Tips For Sales and Guest Service Excellence
Presented by Doug Kennedy, President, Kennedy Training Network
In this Boot Camp, Doug Kennedy will present his top train-the-trainer tips for sales and guest service excellence. Drawing from the content of onsite training sessions he conducts worldwide for hotels, resorts and numerous vacation rental companies, as well as his industry training articles and conference presentations, Doug will present his top 10 tips for capturing sales and delivering authentic, genuine vacation experiences that foster repeat business, guest reviews and social media exposure. Discussion topics include:
- Using chat and email inquiries to secure more new bookings and provide exemplary service encounters
- Training reservations to go beyond “website search support” and help guests select the best accommodation for their needs
- Helping frontline agents understand guest expectations and foster empathy for their vacation experiences
- Personalizing the welcome experience for traditional registrations and remote keyless models
- Helping guests fully actualize their vacation experiences by offering local insider’s tips and recommendations
- Conquering complaints: turning otherwise negative encounters into memorable guest experiences
VRM Branding in a Non-Branded World
Presented by Susan Blizzard, CEO, Blizzard Internet and Blizzard University
It’s becoming increasingly difficult to differentiate your company in travelers’ minds, yet, it has never been as important as it is today. You need your guests to know who you are, and keep coming back. In addition, many of your guests are great prospects for being the next new homeowners for your company. Discussion topics include:
- Creating a tailored action plan of the priority Items that will improve your digital marketing
- Building presence and loyalty with consistent brand messaging
- Building content and optimizing for success with SEO
- Paid ads on Facebook and Google
- Effectively and efficiently using social media channels to grow your business
Join us to discuss how to distinguish your brand so that guests keep coming back and new owners in your area choose you to manage their properties!